How to request a Vote By Mail ballot:
- You can call our office at (941) 833-5400
- You can go to our website www.charlottevotes.com and click on Vote By Mail and follow the instructions.
- You can go to www.fvap.gov and follow the instructions to register to vote and receive an absentee ballot.
- You can also send us a written request which includes your name, address, date of birth and let us know if you are military or a spouse of military or if you are overseas.
a. We need to know your postal address and also include an email address
When will "Vote by Mail" ballots be mailed out to UOCAVA voters?
Vote by mail ballots for Military and Overseas citizens will be mailed no later than 45 days in advance of the election.
How you can receive your Vote By Mail ballot:
- If you are a civilian living overseas, we can email or mail your ballot to you.
- If you are military or a spouse of military, we can also email or mail your ballot to you.
How to return your Vote By Mail ballot:
- If you are a civilian living overseas, you can mail or fax it to us
- If you are military and or a spouse, and are living stateside, you have to mail it back.
- If you are military and or a spouse, and are overseas, you can mail it or fax it back to us.
Our fax number is (941)833-5434
Deadline to return Vote By Mail Ballot:
- To be accepted and counted, a voted absentee ballot from an absent stateside uniformed services voter must be received by the Supervisor of Elections no later than 7:00 p.m. election day in the time zone for the county in which the voter is registered.
- Overseas voters casting ballots in a Presidential Preference Primary or General Election are allowed a 10-day extension. The ballot must be postmarked or dated no later than election day and received by the Supervisor of Elections of the county in which the voter is registered no later than 10 days after election day.